Covid-19: We are here to help!
What are the obligations for employers? What is the expected impact on my field of activity? How can I ensure the safety of my employees? Who can I contact if I have questions?
The coronavirus epidemic and the measures taken to contain it can have serious consequences for the Belgian economy. The Belgian Chambers of Commerce are joining forces with the public authorities and are informing you about the current situation by making several web pages available to you.
The Chambers network
You can find answers to frequently asked questions about coronavirus as well as practical information on measures taken to help companies in Flanders, Wallonia and Brussels.
If these information pages do not answer a specific question, or if you would like to receive more specific details, please contact your chamber of commerce.
- FPS Economy has put online a specific webpage informing business over the best way to mitigate financial loss.
- FPS Finance’s general webpage on coronavirus is available here.
- The FPS Employment informs you about how to deal with the epidemic in the workplace, while the NEO informs you more specifically about temporary unemployment. They also offer a thorough FAQ list.
- Please also note that the offices of FPS Finance are currently only accessible by appointment and in the case of urgent matters. Most FPSs discourage people from coming to their offices in the current situation.
- If you would like more information on the impact of the current crisis on your cross-border activities, this page can help you.
Finally, do not hesitate to visit https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/ for more general information.
Various telephone numbers are available to answer your questions:
- In Brussels, you can contact BECI on 02/533.40.90.
- In Flanders, you can contact the Voka – KvK network on 0800/30.232.
- In Wallonia, the reference number for companies is 1890.
- The FPS Public Health can be reached on 0800/14.689.
- The FPS Economy can be reached on 0800/120.33.